Have you just purchased rock lights, but are having some problems getting them to work as expected? Not to worry. This troubleshooting guide should help you out and get you on the road in style in no time. Rock lights are some of our most popular accessories for the wheel wells of Jeeps and other off-road vehicles. Though the wheel wells are a popular placement choice, these lights can be placed anywhere on your vehicle. They are well worth installing correctly, especially if you’re someone who loves to have color-changing lights that can be synced to music.
Rock lights come in a 4- or 8-piece kit that can come with Bluetooth and wireless controls. Each kit comes with its own Bluetooth control box that uses the free ORACLE ColorSHIFT app for ultimate customization. The ColorSHIFT app allows you to change the colors and patterns of your rock lights from a smartphone device.
This is a troubleshooting guide for two of the most common issues people encounter when installing rock lights. If you have any questions or problems that persist after reviewing this guide, email us at email@example.com.
Troubleshooting Guide for the following products:
- ORACLE Bluetooth + RF ColorSHIFT Underbody Rock Light Kit - 8 Piece
- ORACLE Bluetooth ColorSHIFT Underbody Rock Light Kit - 8 Piece
- ORACLE Bluetooth + RF ColorSHIFT Underbody Rock Light Kit - 4 Piece
- ORACLE Bluetooth ColorSHIFT Underbody Rock Light Kit - 4 Piece
NOTE: Before troubleshooting, please confirm that a12V Power is present at the Control Box and that the latest version of the App is installed.
* The Rock Light Pods operate at 5V power. Bypassing the control box will cause irreversible damage to the Rock Light Pods*
Every rock light kit comes with the following cables pictured below.
* Never Cut or Modify the Rock Light Pod Cables. To extend, use the Rock Light Extension Cable (ORACLE Part# 5814-504)*
Some customers who have purchased a rock light kit have reported connectivity issues. Below is a troubleshooting guide to the most common connectivity problems people encounter with their ORACLE rock lights. This guide is applicable to the 4-piece kit and 8-piece kit.
In the event that you are experiencing connectivity issues or no response to commands within the App. Please follow these steps:
- Reset the app in your smartphone settings and re-open the app.
- Disconnect power from the Rock Light Control Box for 10 seconds and reconnect.
- Ensure that Bluetooth function is enabled on your smartphone (Device settings > Bluetooth Settings) See Fig. 1.
- Ensure your Rock Light Controller is paired in the Magic Moment app settings See Fig. 2.
- Check to ensure your smartphone is running on the latest software version.
- Delete & re-install the "Magic Moment" app to ensure you are running the latest version.
- If the problem persists, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The other common issue with rock light kits is mismatched colors with your rock light pods. We understand that these issues can be frustrating. However, this troubleshooting guide should help you fix the problem. If you are still experiencing issues after going through this troubleshooting guide, please contact us at email@example.com.
Each kit comes with its own rock light pod. If you are experiencing issues with pods, such as they’re not powering on or have mismatched colors, please follow these steps:
Locate the plug for the problematic Rock Light Pod and confirm the two arrows are aligned on both sides See Fig. 3.
- Un-plug the problematic rock light pod and plug into another output on the rock light control box.
- Inspect cables for damaged or frayed wires between the rock light control box and problematic pod.
- If the problem persists. please contact your dealer or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for the Perfect Rock Lights? ORACLE has you covered.
Don’t have rock lights yet? Take this as a sign to purchase them now!
Get your rock lights today so you can have customized wheel wells that fit any occasion. Along with rock lights, you can purchase additional accessories such as ColorSHIFT Extension Cables and Rock Light Magnet Adapters. The magnet adapters quicken the installation process and allow for greater customization by giving you more cable to work with on larger vehicles. Rock lights can also be combined with our other products as well, in order to get the most dazzling effect.
Looking to install your rock lights? Check out our installation guide that will help you through the process of setting up your brand new customized lighting set-up. Each rock light kit comes with the proper installation hardware so there’s no need to go out and purchase anything else.
Not interested in rock lights? We offer several different kinds of lighting options so that you can find something that fits your style and needs. Find the best lighting products on the market with ORACLE Lighting today!